Which Magnepans for my small room?

I'm thinking of Maggie's because of the huge amount of praise I see for them especially for the money. My room is 12x16x8 feet and I already have two 18 inch PSA subs. Right now running paradigm signature s8 v2.

I ideally want something significantly better. What would be the right Maggie for my space? I'm thinking Max I would go to Mag 20.7 and get it used.

I'll be driving them with dual bryston 4bsst with 4bsst2 motherboards which are class d and rated at close to 1000 watts per channel in bridged mode.

Also any kind of cover you can recommend to protect them from my cats?
smodtactical
This thread caused me to revisit the Magnepan site. For the 1.7s they recommend moving the tweeters to the outside to improve off axis imaging.   I believe this is a substantial improvement in my listening room.  I knew of this option but failed to experiment previously.  

These are amazing speakers and smodtactical will be very pleased with whichever model he selects.  He also has plenty of power to drive them.  I’m not sure he needs to or should bridge his amps however.
I heard the 1.7i today. It was decent, nice clarity, details and big image but the overall sound was too bright and even sibilant at times. For me bass was lacking. I came away from the demo being a bit underwhelmed. The room was heavily treated and about same size as mine.

Preamp was PS audio stellar gain and power amp was s300.

I can hear some potential for sure but can't say its better than what I have now. The dealer recommended going no bigger than these in a room my size. Unfortunately they don't have 3.7i or 20.7 for me to hear.
Did you audition with subs?  You have two and that would make a huge difference.  Elizabeth can suggest how to calm the brightness with resistors.  She has put some time, money and effort into this.   Too bad you could not compare with the larger models.
@smodtactical, if at all possible, try and give a listen to the Eminent Technology LFT-8b. It contains a pair of magnetic-planar drivers (in some ways similar to the 1.7, different in others) for frequencies 180Hz to 10kHz, a ribbon tweeter for 10k up, and an 8" sealed woofer for 180Hz down. You might find it more to your liking that the 1.7i. Pro reviews available on the ET website.
I just cannot imagine a pair of 20.7 in my room.....
After finding a $450 pair of MMGi kicked sand in the face of my old Joseph Audio RM33se " boxes" I have been quite content.
With just one ML Dynamo sub I have all the bass I will ever need. And it is so dialed in even staring right at the sub you cannot tell that is where the bass is emanating from.
Bright? Sibilant?
Not in the slightest.
Effortless dynamics and grace.
Vocals and acoustic instruments are sublime.
Running tweeters out.
4 ft from back wall
4 ft from side walls
10 ft apart slightly toed in
The largest sweet spot of any speakers in my room ever.
I just cannot imagine how much better going up the range might get but......
As of now zero interest.