Which magnepan

It’s been a while since I have had a pair of  magnepans and wondering which pair to get.

room size is 18 w x 21 L , 8 ft flat ceilings.  This room used to be the master bedroom and still could be, but right now it’s the stereo room.       I did try the 3.6rs in there and they are to big for the room as they didn’t image right.   Before I had those, I had a pair of 2.6qr’s and they were in a different room and really enjoyed
those speakers....and sold them as I took a break for a bit.
do I get a pair of the new MMGi and add a sub ( svs ), or do the get the 1.7 ?

Or are there other ideas for speaker ideas for around $1k to $1500 that image well and have good sound stage?
addyson815
@yogiboy 

that could be an option.   I missed that one when I was on the site.     Thanks
18x21 should be big enough for 3.6's
I have mine in a 15x12 room and they sound great
Are you talking about imaging or focus? 
Alan
Your room is plenty large enough for the 3 series.   You need to look at setup and listening position.  
the 3 series would be out of my price range....and really dont want to buy a used pair.         
for the short time that I had the 3.6r's in the room, the drummer sounded as if he  were up by the ceiling and  I had them a few feet from the back wall and about a 1 - 1.5 from the side walls.      think I was sitting 7-9 ft away ( + - ).

when I had the 2.6r's, those were in the living room and they had more room to breathe.   finding a pair of those in good condition is getting harder and dont feel like getting a pair and then have to send them in to get repaired.