Which is the best solid state poweramp under $9000

I currently own a Classe CA-400 and a CA-301 power amp but I'm getting the bug to upgrade. I'm willing to sell both of these amps to buy one better one whether it's a single stereo amp or a pair of mono blocks. I do need a amp with high power and good current as the amp will be driving my Magnepan's 3.6R's or my B&W N802's. Could anyone recommend a better solid state power amp than what I have at a retail price of not much more than $9000.00 ? I am thinking of the McIntosh MC-501 mono amps, but both my Classe's have a little more power. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Uriah
uriah

Showing 1 response by beemer

I have heard the McIntosh 501 monoblocks driving the new B&W 802D and it was quite good. I took the 501's home to try on my Aerial 20t's. Great midrange, instruments had plenty of space and soundstage was excellent. Bass control on my aerials left a little bit to be desired. A very, very little bit. My current Levinson 33H/336 bi-amp combo is still in place......however I was very very impressed with the 501's overall. Very tough to go wrong with these if they work in your system.

Best advice I can give you is try before you buy. Dealers in my area are discounting the 501's to about $7200+/-

Take them home and try 'em.

Best,

Paul :-)