Which is REALLY the best Conrad Johnson Preamp

I would like to start a discussion about what you think is the best sounding CJ Preamp. Just because the manufacturer needs to change to sell more boxes and Magazines need advertising dollars doesn't always mean that the sonics have improved. For example some audiophiles like the older art series over the new GAT Preamps and it's lesser siblings. Would like the informed opinions of those lucky audiophiles who have heard both. I like the old CJ sound but haven't heard the new offerings.
128x128baranyi
PV14 > ET3 SE > ET5
Each step better than the last. I remember Jeff Fischel saying expect"more" of everything with the ET 5 - he was so right.
Great thread indeed.

I keep going back and forth between my ET5 and Premier 16LS2.  The Premier is indeed a guilty pleasure.  Such gorgeous presentation but definitely some euphoric expansion and injected lushness going on.  ET5 is closer to neutral.  Both lovely lovely lovely.  
Hi everyone, I will be getting soon my very first preamp ever since I ventured in this hobby. The preamp is a pre-owned Premier 17 LS2 which I will be purchasing for about 1,650 USD. It will be paired with a Bryston 4B SST2 which will drive a Dynaudio Contour 20. I decided to choose this over a bnew Prima Luna Prologue Premium (2,250 USD) due to cost difference and I personally prefer buying used over bnew. Moreover, the seller allowed me to pay in installment. So my question to you is did I make the right decision choosing CJ over PL? What should I be expecting in terms of sound and tonal quality with this pairing? Has anybody here tried this set-up? Thank you for sharing!!

Can’t believe no one mentioned the Premier Ten.

The Ten is the one to get IMHO. Its similar circuit as the Premier 14 but with a hand made ladder network stepped attenuator (Only one CJ ever made). I also believe there is one less resistor in the circuit in the Ten over the 14. I also prefer the good old fashion Vol Knob rather then the newer button relay setups. Blech... The Premier Ten is the best, then the Premier 3, PV-12 w/phono, and finally the PV-10b w/phono. Don’t bother with anything else.