Which iPod?

After taking a skeptical back seat on compressed mobile music all this long, I finally think it is time to take the plunge. Have decided on Shure E4C for earbuds and now wondering which iPod to go with.

Done some research on the net and came across various versions such as the mini, nano, photo etc. Now, I'm not too crazy about watching videos or photos on a 2 inch screen. My primay need is AUDIO and need to find the one that sounds best with Apple Lossless Compression. I will go for the video/photo version if they have better sonics.

Any advise or exprience sharing is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
Amal
amal

Showing 3 responses by robm321

Why get an iPod? Don't you want WMA capability? Other brands make mp3 players. And if you get an iPod you'll only be trendy until they come out with the next version in a few months.

With Apple everything is proprietary including the music.
I agree with Onhwy61. It's all about the interface. All mp3 players I have heard sound the same. There is nothing wrong with apple, but there are others that also good.
"I always thought the apple-appeal for the audiophiles was the Losless compression (ALC) which was tested by the likes of Stereophile and confirmed to be the most superior compression available today." - Amal

Is this correct? Or can this be done on any PC and transferred to any MP3 player?