Which Intergrated amp for starter??

Category: Amplifiers

Hello all just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on a good intergrated amp. As of now I will be using my computer as a source until I can afford better eq. For speakers I will either be getting B & W's 602 s3 or Sonus concertino if I can find them or maybe some totem mites.

I mostly listen to classical (Brass quintents, Mahler, Bruckner, Piano) and Jazz (clark terry, mingus, clifford brown).

I figured that getting a good amp that is flexible would be a better bet than speakers which can be changed more often than not. What intergrated amp out there is a good all around perfomer for various music.

Thanks
daimbert
PrimaLuna-Prologue II:40W via 2 pair of KT-88s.Great sound especially considering the price ($1345).
What kind of budget are you looking in? If it is the same budget as your speakers thread, here are my suggestions:

Audio Refinement Complete
Musical Fidelity A3
Rotel RA1062
Riga Mira

Also give a listen to the NAD line and see if you like the sound of their products.
I second the Complete. It will serve as a solid foundation to build from as you venture into the maddening array of choices when it comes to cables, sources etc, and they're dirt cheap these days. If you'd like to spend more money and are willing to do a bit more tinkering get something with tubes.