I have owned and listen to the Modwright kwi200 almost daily for the last 3 years. Here is my thumbnail review.
- Powerful- it has plenty to really make my power hungry Dynaudio C1’s sound huge. This amp has 100,000 u/f capacitance, along with a massive power supply.
- Really good at lower volumes as well. It has been described as a “velvet hammer”. I wouldn’t say tube-like necessarily, but it gives the sense of smoothness that is rare with a high- powered integrated.
- Well built 60 lb beast
- Mine has the phono stage, which is just OK (I upgraded to a Manley Steelhead).
- XLR inputs are NOT balanced inputs, they are there for convenience if you happen to own gear/ cables that use them.
- Non-transferable warranty. I know, most aren’t, but my power supply developed a hum audible through the speakers and I had to return it for service. Pretty pricey due to the weight and shipping both ways.