Which inexpensive ic's cables worth checking out?

Just as the titles says, which inexpensive ic cables are worth looking into?
pedrillo

Showing 2 responses by bside123

I would also like to throw my hat into the ring for My Audio Cables MAC cables. I have had a great experience with them throughout. Personally, I believe that they compete head-on with cables at just about any price. I have tested them against a vast variety of other cables. I use MAC Mystic ICs, MAC Burley Power Cords, MAC CuQ speaker wire. Steve Hallick has made spec custom wires for my personal and particular applications as well. I have chosen MAC, after extensive listening, and have picked them over much higher priced and higher profile cables. I also fully appreciate that personal taste and system synergy has a lot to do with which cables are "worth checking out."
HI Mekong56: I have used both the MAC HC & the Burley. They are very different animals in my experience. It seems like the HC has a distinct "personality," and I happened to like it... after comparing it to many other PCs. Some don't like the HC, but I am not sure if they gave the PC a chance to "stabilize." I believe that the HC takes a *tremendously* long time to burn-in until one can really hear and rely on it. At minimum - 300 hours! Then the HC becomes very stable, it opens up and is predictable. The Burley on the other hand impressed me right from the start. My Burleys have benefitted from long play hours as well, but the Burley PC seems more stable from the beginning. I use Burley PC cords in two systems for power amps. Knowing that cords, like anything else, can be system particular and system dependent, I chose these after listening to others. The power amps that I use the Burleys with are all SMc Ultra Level Upgrades, McCormack DNA 0.5. I have mono blocks in one system and a single in a smaller system. Here's what I notice regarding the Burley in my rigs: a sense of relaxed authority, very very quiet, black, deep soundstage, no glare, no edge, smooth, etc. I could go on, because I really like these cables, but I will spare everyone, and I will quit with the superlatives. I use Furutech connectors with Burleys, which is an upgrade. Even smoother with more smooth sparkle. I find that the Burleys have both great top-end, as well as superb bottom-end extension. They do not struggle to keep up and reveal a lot of the information that is inherent in the music. These are only my personal experiences, and I am not affiliated with MAC other than being a very happy customer and a fan of the product. I do have other products in my systems as well.