Which Home Theater speakers for under $28,000.

I am looking for a 7.1 HT system including equipment for a 3,000 cu. ft. dedicated Home Theater & music room. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
electrostaticman

Showing 5 responses by electrostaticman

Sorry guys & gals let me expand a little. I am building a new home and theater. My total HT package is arround 40,000 for speakers & equipment. I have a recliner picked out for an additional $3,100. In the past I enjoyed dual channel sound from Prodigy speakers and Levinson equipment. I no longer own this system. I agree the electrostatics may not be the way to go with a HT & music system so I am willing to try something else. Great responses, keep it up. Thanks
Douglas_schroeder the room size is approximately 16'-5" wide by 18'-10" long (122.4 sq. ft.)with a champfered ceiling at 10'(3100 plus cu. ft.). The HT consultant recommended the JBL synthesis system for 28,000 plus dollars (this includes the systems equipment as well as speakers for 7.1 system).
My response to Douglas_schroeder: Let me first say, I appreciate your imput.

To answere some of your questions; I plan on using a projector-considering a sony Qualia-004 and a perferated 100" fixed screen. My consultant planned on placing the r/l/c speakers behind the screen (depth 24") and the equipment along one side adjacent the screen. The other niche adjacent the screen for storage (no wire). The projector will be mounted on the ceiling (10ft.champered to 8ft.)and one row of seating approximately 14ft to 15ft from screen. The thought was on or in-wall surround speakers for a 7.1 HT system. I feared my kids ages 9 and 13 years my damage free standing speakers (probably not but the wife may have something to say about free standing speakers in her space).

I am looking for the excitement of theater and the enjoyment of DVD consert music. I am considering a second listnig room on the main floor, but I pre-wired the space for ceiling mounted in-wall speakers in our great room where a plazma may hang above the fireplace. There is space on one side of the fireplace but the other encroches on a large window and I would have to convince the wife. She already cheered when I sold off my two channel ML Prodigy speakers and equipment which were in an identicle room in our last home. She gave in for the kids and I to have the home theater so besides budget I will have to sell her on the idea again. The budget is always a factor especially with the 3-chip projector. I want the best of all worlds (as we all do), great projection with no artifacts, exciting surround sound and clear pure sound on a budget of 45,000 may be a stretch. Also we pre-wired for full house sound/using "zon" controlers.
Thank you all for your help and advise. I hope everyone has a great Happy Fourth of July-have fun.
Guys & Gals (if any)no need to apologize. I have learned a great deal and do appreciate all that has been said. As long as we stick to the subject of HT equipment and speakers I think we are answering not only my questions but others who tune in. Happy Holidays and Thanks.