Which high-end receiver?

Good news, bad news. We're moving into a much bigger house, but the built in area around the entertainment center is so small that it will not hold my power conditioner, amp, processor, DVD player and cablebox.

The wife is insisting that I downsize into equipment that will fit, which will mean getting rid of the processor and amp (at least).

I'm thinking that I'm going to be disappointed with a receiver, but I'm willing to consider the higher end units. Any useful pointers/comparisons between the Denon 5805, the Lexicon RV-8, the Sunfire Ultimate, etc.?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm into an Equitech conditioner, ATI (7x200) amp and Arcam processor right now.

Thanks
Ag insider logo xs@2xazkeith

Showing 1 response by c123666

How about a McIntosh MHT200? Has everything including a phono (optional) and am/fm tuner. Should outlast you.....no comparison between this and stuff like denon, sony, yamaha....,

A much less expensive alternative is a new Arcam AVR300 which has plenty of power, the latest processing modes, and a good phono section and excellent two channel performance. Has a much lower profile than the fairly large McReceiver.

Used ARCAM avr200 units are a steal at about 600 but are mid powered at a very nice 70wpc and are strictly for 5.1 and has no provision for 6.1 or 7.1