Which flat-panel tv brand???

I am looking for a 25-27" flat screen tv. Heard Sony is v. fragile, any other recommendations would be appreciated.
topp

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Top_nuc:

Panasonic has released a 27-Inch set in their new "Tau" series of "pure flat screen" televisions. It is called the model CT-27SX10. I have looked at a CT-20SX10 (which is a 20-Inch version of this series) and have compared it to Sony's 20-Inch Wega Set. While the brightness level of both sets was judged to be equal in quality, I found that the Panasonic to be more vivid in terms of color fidelity and sound quality. Also, the Panasonic also has a full jack panel on the back, as well as a full set of jacks on the front panel (including S-Video), and it was priced $60.00 less than the Sony Wega. I actually witnessed a gentleman buying one, so I should know that as well. Keep in mind that all of these comments were made in reference to their 20-Inch set. There is no reason to think that things would be any different with their 27-Inch set. But keep one thing in mind if you should consider the 27-Inch Panasonic Tau. The one thing to keep in mind is because this is a "pure flat screen" television, it may be lacking features such as "Picture In Picture" and some other enhancements that are featured on my CT-27SF37. If that doesn't matter to you, then the CT-27SX10 may be the set for you. If not, then maybe you should consider an CT-27SF37. You may not get a "totally flat screen", but you will get more features for your money.

Let us know what you should decide on.

--Charles--