Which Ethernet filter?

Hello all,

My new Innuos streamer system is coming along nicely, and I've been startled how my A-B comparison of USB cables affected the overall SQ  - I settled on the FTA Sinope.  I'm now looking at enhancing the ethernet feed to the Innuos.

Presently, I have the SotM ISO-CAT7 (limited Red edition with dCBL-CAT7u cable to DAC), and noticed a lift in detail once installed.

I'm very interested in the Network Acoustics ethernet options.  Has anyone compared either the Eno or Muon systems to the either the IS0-CAT6 or ISO-CAT7?

Many thanks,
Mark

Netgear Orbi Satellite  =>  AQ Carbon  =>  SotM ISO-CAT7  =>  SotM dCBL-CAT7u  =>  Innuos Zenith Mk3  =>   FTA Sinope USB   =>  Hegel H390

128x128lollipopguild

@bondmanp

There is no substitute for trying things in your system and access which one of these filters sounds best or not. I wouldn’t form any opinions based on price of admission. I have auditioned both optical kit and ENO filter in my system, and ENO was a keeper over anything else I’ve tried under $1200.

BTW, ENO offers the same 30 days money back guarantee :-)

@lollipopguild Congrats on the SCM 40s — great speakers.  Best of luck with the streaming and interested in hearing what you find with the various options.  It really is a wonderful, awful hobby, isn’t it?

The CAT7u was better then the ENO Ag between a SOtM switch and Innuos Statement.  I have not heard the Muon.

Long story short - I'm sticking with the Eno having received it today.  Already it's clearly "just right".  The chaps at NA told me I'd hear a little more detail with the Muon, but that the sound signature would stay the same, so decided to draw this quite expensive odyssey to a close.

I think it's fair to say that the Eno is better than the ISOCAT7 (anyone want to buy a "pre-loved" one  ;-)  ).  I might still see some benefit in putting the Sotm between my stock switch and the Eno.  All opinions welcome.