Which DAC is better?

I am using a new  Bluesound Node 2 connected with the default RCA cables into my Parasound Hint 6.

This uses the Nodes DAC and not the Hint 6s DAC. If i understand correctly, I can connect the Node using an optical/usb cable into the Hint 6 thereby using the Hints DAC and not the Nodes.

Which is the better option? 

I am aware i can buy some cables and test this out for myself.
 I was just curious if anyone else had an opinion.
epz

Showing 3 responses by kren0006

It isn’t too difficult to beat the dac of the node, but the node is great for streaming and the UI is top notch. 

+3 that the Hint DAC will likely sound better than the node dac, but as others have mentioned there are also many $2k standalone dacs that will take the performance higher still if you want to grow down the road. Happy listening 
The Hint doesn’t dac doesn’t support MQA but it will still sound better than the node, despite its support of MQA. Don’t let that technicality trip you up as you move up the sonic ladder. You have both the node and the hint now, so use the hint to get the best sound you can with what you currently have.

If you decide to upgrade to a better standalone dac in the future, at that point consider whether MQA support is important to you.
"well - on second thought - maybe the statement IS correct - it may be as a good as ’A’ $700 DAC... that would be a somewhat poor sounding one though"

That's funny, and appreciated.  Agree, you buy the Node for the streamer and Bluesound OS.  Use the dac until you can upgrade, and OP already has a superior option in his integrated amp.