Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
Any good credible reviews out there yet where the author compared the sound of a leading GaN Class D amp to others?  Stereophile?  That would help take the GaN argument from a theoretical one to something verified.   The measurements would be interesting as well.

Hi,

We are still doing our direct A/B testing with several different Class D amplifier brands that use different technology and I am certainly not a tech but the differences in sound between the different technologies is very audible. There are 4 amplifier manufactures that we have A/B that sound much better than other Class D manufactures we have tested. We are still testing and we still have a few more amplifiers to test but one thing for sure, Class D amplification comes in many different levels and the top level is very special. The problem might be, if you have not heard the very best of Class D, than the not so good Class D is not very good at all and this might turn you right off Class D.

worldwidewholesales

Yes I have 3 Class D amps ranging in original retail price from $100 to $6000 and I can say with certainty each sounds good but different.

I’d specifically be wondering are you testing any Class D amps with the GaN technology? If so how does that compare to the others? Also the cost of each.

Thanks.
Noble100, both GaN Systems and EPC hold patents on the GaN transistor tech. 
I fell in love with class d when I bought (go easy on me) the Pioneer elite
sc-09tx uber-receiver, some years ago. The bass and mids were absolutely intoxicating and to die for, while the highs were grating and painful. All coming from a pitch black background, no noise. It was definitely a good news, bad news sort of thing, but when it was good, it was REALLY good.

It became like a drug addiction, I desperately searched for something that reproduced that fantastic mid range and powerful bass and that dead silence, without the harsh treble it was known for.

I’m now using wyred 4 sound mono blocks, and they’re just okay. They don’t add anything untoward, but don’t have much in the way of punch or bass kick I like to hear. They're just not exciting, like the Pioneer.
I’m now looking for a replacement for my amps....much like the OP.