Which CD player should I consider for my system ?

Hi there,
I'm in the process of breaking up my existing system into two separate ones. One (the "small" one) will be used as a secondary system that will also run some outdoor speakers when required and the other will be my "main" system. Right now I'm bi-amping my speakers and would like to keep it that way. Here's what my "main" system consists of:

NAD C370 int. amp (using it both as a "pre" and "power" amp)
NAD C270 power amp
Totem Acoustic Sttaf
Unity Link Interconnects
Unity Link Speaker cables.

I have a NAD C521BEE that I'll be using for my second system and would like to know which CD player to consider out of the following:

NAD C540 (fully modified & used)
Rega Planet (used)
Arcam Diva CD73T (new) - I'm not sure if it's this or the Diva CD72 but I know it retails for about $1000 Canadian.

Would I notice a big difference between let's say the NAD & the Arcam ? I was told that the Arcam would be quite a step up from the NAD. I listen to all kinds of music but I love 80's stuff. I also like to "crank it" once in a while. I'm very happy with the sound now but I need to add a second CD player to "complete" my main system. All of your input and or suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.
bacs68

Showing 1 response by c123666

You might consider adding a CEC CD player to the list as they offer two models that would be considered "affordable". One of them is found used on AGon; there is at least one for sale for 300 right now. And, a belt drive model is also for sale which I'd be looking at did I not have a Counterpoint CD transport that refuses to die.
Here is the ad:
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?dgtlplay&1125612182

good luck