Which Brand 5.1 Receiver & Model for under $400 & speaker suggestions?

Starting out with Building my new Surround "Movie & Ps4 set up"  we currently have a Bose Cineamate-series 2 Surround System. Subwoofer is not Currently working after 5 years of use 
I have a 1080p Samsung Tv  & watch Dvd's & Blue-rays. 1080p is fine for me & 5.1 Speaker Set-up. I am just Watch Di Movies & Netflix,Ps4 games.  Wanting to not spend more Than $400 on the Receiver ...its doesn't have to have all bells & whistles. wanting at least 70 watt per channel & later if your able to Suggest Reliable & Durable ---Fronts,center, back surround speakers. I'm a Single Father me & 10 yr old son love to feel our movies & games.
Going to get our Back due Child Support Soon!
Much Thanks 
andreeon
@andreeon - Most modern HT receivers will have 7 channels of amplification. You can use them to power a 5.1 setup. You can configure them to not have the additional 2 speakers connected, or the auto-setup will determine that the additional 2 speakers are not attached and the setup routine will account for that.You may still find a small number of HT Receivers that only have 5 channels of amplification.

You might want to go to Accessories4Less and see what they have available. I gave them a quick check and found several models from Yamaha, Denon, Marantz and Onkyo/Integra, all well within your budget. Note: Many of the HT Receivers sold by Accessories4Less are factory reconditioned. 
The one thing I learned over the years is to look for value. Especially when on a budget, the last thing you can afford to do is buy anything that doesn't really get you where you want to be. Which is why I say, forget multi-channel, and especially forget receivers. These things are pure crap. Sorry. But there simply are no good receivers, period.

What you want is a good $400 integrated amp. Stereo. Forget surround. For sure forget center channel. One is frippery, the other irrelevant. Any properly set up stereo is going to have a rock solid center image anyway. Any properly set up stereo is going to throw a sound stage at least as wide as the speakers. 

You mention "love to feel our movies and games". Well you don't need no center channel, and certainly not dinky little surrounds, to feel it. For that you need bass. Which you can't afford if you spent money on dinky little surrounds and center that you don't need. So forget all that and get another couple subs. 

You mention the sub after 5 years doesn't work. Guaranteed the sub works. The plate amp that powers the sub, different story. But you don't need the plate amp. You can connect directly to the sub and use that just fine. Ideally you would use a crossover, either the one inside the sub or DIY a simple crossover. But seriously, on a budget, turn the sub to face the wall and you can run it full range just fine. Maybe throw a blanket in there to muffle the midrange if you hear it, but whatever, you will have your bass back.

Unless of course where you want to be is surrounded by lots of wires and stuff. Above advice is if you want something that actually sounds good. Otherwise, nevermind.
Yes!
That about sounds about what i need!  I feel like im been going about it wrong all this time. I knew what i wanted but went the whole wrong way about. what do you suggest for the  400 integrated amp. Stereo?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you and your son enjoy a 5.1 setup and you already have the speakers for it (well, apart from the currently non-functioning sub), then go ahead an pick up an AV receiver - something like the AVRX-1500 would be perfect.  If you start getting more serious about listening to music (it's a slippery slope), then you could think about an integrated amp down the road.  In the meantime, maybe consider buying an AVR with pre-outs that would allow you to connect an outboard power amplifier - this would offer additional expandability/flexibility. 
Used Yamaha RX- V663 or similar AVR, and quality 3-way speakers (Tweeter- for highs, Mid driver- for voices, and Woofer- for mid bass) for your mains. Twin subs for smooth sub bass 80Hz and below is a must (Brand does not have to match with main speaker brand.) Expand with external amplifier (Outlaw 5000 or similar 1V input sensitivity amp) if you can. 4 ohm speakers would require it though. Same product series in the 2-way speakers are okay for surround effects. U welcome...
ok Going to be using then NR-1608
then Klipsch R-112sw ref powered sub woofer
Klipsch ref Rp-4000F eb ea floor standing
Klipsch ref premire Rp-4000 eb ea center speaker
will the NR-1608 be enough to run this well?
Depends on your room size and how much volume you want before possible distortion. With NR-1608, you looking at ~33 watts each for the mains and center. It is a good thing that the speakers are highly efficient to power them and your sub can take care of the sub bass duties.
Consider an Anthem MRX 510 or the MRX310. Both Excellent sounding receivers. I saw a 510 out there for $499.00 You will be blown away by the build quality and the sound. AND, if and when you need service, you will be able to talk to techs at Anthem who share your love and passion for your receiver. I've run the gamut of Japanese receivers. Some nice ones for sure. I've landed on Anthem and am Very satisfied. Good luck
The reason I was suggesting Marantz is the fully updated HDMI connections.

Smaller models have less channels and watts but still modern HDMI.
Consider an Anthem MRX 510 or the MRX310. Both Excellent sounding receivers. I saw a 510 out there for $499.00 You will be blown away by the build quality and the sound.
I can vouch for Anthem. I have been using an Anthem MRX 300 for the past few years and it has been a tremendous upgrade (particularly in terms of audio quality) from my prior Onkyo receiver.  
Just thinking I’m going to have more than the 50watt Marantz. I’m really Not wanting to upgrade amps or receivers. I will not move past the 3.1 or 3.2 ever. Just want to make sure that I’ll have enough to power what I have well. And not go past the $400 total Mark for the unit
Funny. My first amp was the 200 wpc Dynaco ST400. Then came the McCormack DNA-1 at 150 wpc. Both solid state amps. Both separates. Next was the Aronov LS960I at 60 wpc. Each one better than the one before. Now running the best of them all, Melody integrated with a whopping 50 wpc. 

I just had a party. 20+ people. Every single one sat transfixed, spellbound, moved. Most common comment, this is just like being at a live concert. 

"If the first watt isn't any good, why would you want 200 more of them?"
-Robert Harley
You have my suggestions. You read, but you do not comprehend. Forget watts. Forget multi-channel. Two channel integrateds. Go and listen.
On these opinions pushing a 2-channel integrated.  It is very true that a 2-channel integrated is going to give you much better quality sound - that is if you listen to music most of the time.  However, your home theater and possibly gaming scenarios will be compromised because of the lack of center channel.  The center channel is likely the most important and most used speaker in HT/movies.  The imaging is going to off and different in a 2-channel only system (no matter what people say and the argument for "phantom center").
The 1608 has Front Speaker PreAmp outputs I believe so if down the road you get the itch for more power you can always add an external  2 channel power amp
I had Samsung tv for many years and i'm really saisfied with it. But during the house renovation with LeafGuard vs Gutter Helmet we damaged it and now also looking for the new one. Thinking about  Marantz now...