Which amps with B&W 800D's... Pass Labs or Classe?

I am finally down to the wire... I am considering either the Pass Labs X350.5, a pair of the X600's, or a pair of the Classe CA-M400's to power my B&W 800D's. I am having the hardest time making this decision. I love my music loud, and I listen to alot of large-scale symphonic music, choral music, jazz, and various recordings that are very grand in nature. I am planning on incorporating a center channel and surrounds eventually in a theater and multi-channel setup and I would like to use the same brand of amp for those speakers once I decide to add them. I have heard great things about all of the amps above, but I cannot make that final leap of faith. Are the Pass Labs amps and the CA-M400's from Classe in the same league? I would love to get the Omega Omicron monos, but the budget does not exist for those right now. If I get the Pass Labs X600's, I am considering upgrading to the X600.5's when the budget allows. I have heard great things about the class-a capability of the Pass Labs amps. I am not keen on bi-amping and I really need some help in making this decision. I look forward to your advice! Thanks.

-Dave
mad14

Showing 3 responses by tboooe

mad14, I was considering the very same question with my BW802d. I went with the Pass and here is why (btw, this is just my experience and opinion):

I already have the Classe Cp-700 preamp which is great sounding, smooth and refined. I was concerned with using the CAM's because I did not want to make the sound too overly polite. From my listening experiences, I found the CAMs when paired with the BW and CP-700 to be too smooth for my tastes. I wanted a little more leading edge to the notes and a more punchy bass.

From what I understand of your music preferences, I would not go with the CAMs, depending on what you already have for a pre and cdp.
Dave, like you I really wanted to go with monoblocks so I originally decided on the x600.5. But then I changed my mind and got the xa160 instead. BUT I do not listen to really high volumes. For you, I would get the 600 though the 350.5 will be plenty. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions.
berjar, like you I am thinking about switching my CP-700 for a tube preamp. What other pres did you consider before deciding on the ARC?