Which amps with B&W 800D's... Pass Labs or Classe?

I am finally down to the wire... I am considering either the Pass Labs X350.5, a pair of the X600's, or a pair of the Classe CA-M400's to power my B&W 800D's. I am having the hardest time making this decision. I love my music loud, and I listen to alot of large-scale symphonic music, choral music, jazz, and various recordings that are very grand in nature. I am planning on incorporating a center channel and surrounds eventually in a theater and multi-channel setup and I would like to use the same brand of amp for those speakers once I decide to add them. I have heard great things about all of the amps above, but I cannot make that final leap of faith. Are the Pass Labs amps and the CA-M400's from Classe in the same league? I would love to get the Omega Omicron monos, but the budget does not exist for those right now. If I get the Pass Labs X600's, I am considering upgrading to the X600.5's when the budget allows. I have heard great things about the class-a capability of the Pass Labs amps. I am not keen on bi-amping and I really need some help in making this decision. I look forward to your advice! Thanks.

-Dave
mad14

Showing 3 responses by mad14

Tboooe, what Pass Labs amps did you go with? Let me know. I am not sure whether to go for the X600's or the X350.5? I want more power than less, and the 600's fit the bill for that. Plus, I like the concept of monoblocks.

-Dave
I am not a big McIntosh fan, cosmetically. I think they look old and outdated. I dunno, maybe it is just my own opinion, but I really am trying to decide between Classe and Pass Labs. Those are my two narrowed-down choices. I am really wanting to make a decision this week.
Isn't the MC501 500 watts into 8,4 and 2? I dont really want to use McIntosh preamp and source.. Thoughts?