which amp for legacy focus

i have owned these focus for three years and love them. I am driving them behind a legacy power amp. I am getting to the point where i want to take these speakers to the next level. I am considering a new amp or two. Biamping interests me. I have auditioned a krell ???(250 watts),mcintosh 352,(350 watts)and the bryston 14sbt(500 watts) as singles and a couple of bryston 4sbt's(250 watts each) as duals. As no local dealer has the focus speakers I can not audition on the speakers until purchase. The biamping in theory makes sense I am just not sure if the extra $$$ is worth it. There is approx a $1500 difference bewtween the single amps and the biamps. Any comments and opinions?
dave1117

Showing 1 response by dave1117

I spoke to legacy, of course they want to sell amps so they love the idea, I guess I have a been there done that attitude and want something new. They think biamping is an excellent idea and would open the speakers up a lot. Not sure if I need to spend the money on two amps. The focus are very efficient speakers, and they might just do better with a class a, with more power...as always, I am learning here and all comments are appreciated.