Which 3K CDP: Simaudio Nova, Ayre CX-7 Wadia 302

Unfortunately the market is saturated with many 'new' ~3K CD players, all of which are well reviewed. I have heard all 3, but do not have the opportunity to do A/B comparisons, as only the Simaudio is available where I live. It is tough to compare the 3 in your mind, when you have listened to all 3 in 3 different cities, using different electronics, speakers and in different rooms. All 3 sounded great, but without the possibility of direct comparison it is tough to choose among them.

I will likely be using them with Hovland HP200 pre vs. Simaudio P-5 pre, Simaudio LE W-5 amp, and speakers still undecided (JMlab Alto Be vs. Dynaudio Confidence C2 vs. Wilson Sophia)
thom_y

Showing 2 responses by ffontan

If you end up buying the Moon Nova, at least try to check out Nova LE version. I bought one, its REALLY nice. I have it paired with a Perreaux Radiance R200i Integrated Amp. I'm very happy with the system's sound
Mdp0430

You bring up an interesting point(keeping the equipment for a long time). That was another reason why I went with the Simaudio Nova LE. They have a 10 year warranty on the electronics on that player. That, is hard to beat. I intend on keeping it for a long time...