Which 300B to choose ?

Question for the 300B Gurus out there as I have not been in the 300B game since the Cetron was the only game in town.

Got a pair of Canary Reference 2 yesterday - They need 16ea 300B output tubes for the pair so obviously cost is a consideration, have looked at the PSvane ($155 Pair) and the Shuguang ($110 Pair) are there any other 300B's out there that is worth taking a look at that can be bought for a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
128x128pbnaudio

Showing 1 response by roxy54

Peter,
Please excuse me for going off topic, but I was curious when I saw this thread. I have noticed in the past that you sell very nice pieces in good condition on a regular basis. I have always assumed that as a speaker designer/manufacturer, you are experimenting with different things to see what works best with your speakers, even though I know that your own pre/power combos are held in high regard by many. Is this the case, or is it that you just enjoy trying different things?
By the way, I have seen that Canary amp on their website, and it looks incredible with all of those 300b tubes. I would be curious too!