Where would you sell your vinyl collection?

So....
Unfortunately after buying and fixing up a new house and finding we have another kid on the way the time has come to part with my vinyl collection. I just finished putting everything on Discogs. I ended up with 440 albums with Discogs suggesting the lot is worth a decent bit. Is Discogs pretty accurate value wise? Most are audiophile records: Mofi, Classic Records, Speakers Corner, Record Store Day Exclusives, box sets, numbered editions, 45 RPM, 180 or 200 gram, etc. etc. Heavy on classic Rock, Jazz and Blues. I’ve been collecting for ten years and have never sold a record. Most have only been played a couple times and been hanging out on bookshelves. Would you recommend selling on Audiogon? Discogs? Ebay? Amazon? Would it be possible to sell the whole lot at once for the sake of simplicity? I live in NJ not too far from Princeton Record Exchange which buys collections but I’m assuming their offer would be super low relatively speaking as a reseller? All suggestions needed and welcome I need to find the best way to make some cash for the family sooner rather than later. Thanks!
obsessivecollective
My view on the selling on-line would be from the buying side. I will look for a specific pressing on Discogs. So, if was looking for an audiophile record like a MoFi, I would list it there. Regarding the valuation, it's data driven based on sales. Most will be accurate, you can check the data. I believe, the valuation is the past 10 sales. A graph will show the data with dates. NM or Mint items will generally be the higher priced ones. This can be verified from the graph by hovering over the sales as grading is shown both there and the table below. Access this by clicking on the last sold date in the statistics.

You would probably get more from an auction, but, it will delay the sales. For NM, this might be the way to go. I would be clear about the grading. Grade exactly to Goldmine and you'll be fine. Make notes on each of the any defects. Go into your settings and add custom Collection fields if the default fields aren't to you liking. You can do most of the grading directed from the collection overview page without going to actual release pages. If you have any questionable issues with your grading, state them. Seam splits, ring wear, edge wear or any other defacing of the jackets should be listed.

For items lower valued records that will get lost in the hundreds of releases for a single album, it might be better to list on eBay. But make sure you have some lower priced items on Discogs and offer discounted shipping for additional items. The most common rate is $5 for the 1st record and additional $0.50 for additional records. So a double album would be $5.50, but so would two single LP albums. Have suggestion in the shipping details to add items to their cart from your store.

If you are going to only sell to US, state that. I don't think I'd want to deal with sending overseas. If you are only going to ship on Saturday, state that, as well and confirm shipping when you post the invoice. Check the status of the buyer. They are checking yours as a seller. If they have excellent ratings, try to ship as soon as possible. Then maybe add a note with the record. I throw away flyers, but, I'll always read a hand written note.
The problem with selling one LP at a time is getting shipping containers, time spent communicating with buyers, and traveling to send into the mail.

The record has to be worth more than $30 or $40  to make it worthwhile to sell IMO.

Very few records are!

For records worth less just give them to someone that will play and enjoy the music.
Most shipping I see is between $3 and $4 at $5 I would really have to love the lp and it would turn me off to lower price items.
Not sure where you are located, but if you are close to Northern Colorado, I have hundreds of proper LP shipping boxes that I would be more than happy to share with you for free.  Some include cardboard flats and/or the small 12x12 bubble wrap for packaging.

This offer is open to any Audiogoner that could come and pick some up.  I have LOTS and LOTS of these.  Most have only been used the once to send to me, so they are in almost brand new shape.

Just PM me if you need any...
Thanks rjamilla I appreciate you taking the time to provide the purchaser's point of view  - looking at the scenario from the angle of the expectations and thought process of the potential purchaser is a smart idea. Thanks also for your thoughts on valuation. Also specifying US only is a great heads up because I'd definitely want to do that. A hand written note is a nice touch as well. Thanks so much for all the great info.