Where to use Isolation devices

Do isolation devices work on all components? I have a cd player, tube amp(Herbie's tube dampeners on all tubes) and preamp. All components are on a dedicated stand with at least some reasonable dampening. I have the cd player under some myrtle wood blocks, and nothing under the amp and preamp...I was thinking maybe something like the Black Diamond Racing cones I have heard so much about, or something similar.
Thanks
sean34

Showing 1 response by insomniac928

Have a question that runs a bit tangent to the above, but assuming specified weight limits are not surpassed, is it preferable to use as few isolation feet as possible? i.e. the logical arrangement is to put four feet under a piece of equipment for solid balance, but if going by specs, two is sufficient for the gear in terms of weight, on paper is that the way to go?

In real world of course such balancing acts on pricy gear may not be for the faint of heart, but I have been given the impression previously that if you could you should. Not sure if this is true or not. Would like to experiment myself at some point, but was just curious if anyone has any opinions on this, real world or theoretically.