Where to go from Basis 2000/RB300/Glider?

Hi,

I know my analog setup is not considered "up there." My TT is suspect; my arm could be better and a Shelter 501-II would surpass the Glider that I currently own.

Trading-in would be my choice of upgrading route since I have no experience selling through clasified sections and I'd just like to bring my system in, leave it and carry out another TT. (Most possibly at a loss.)

My choices are not plenty. The dealers I know (in New York City) carry Linn and Nottingham.

A guide from you would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
George
gng7a84

Showing 1 response by vincentkkho

If you are in for musicality than go straight for Spacedeck from Nottingham. I tried many turntables before I settled down with Spacedeck. The others which I had owned are the Sota Star Sapphire, Sota Sapphire, SME10, and the more expensive Nottingham Hyperdeck. I even called myself a downgrade for the decision I made for choosing a cheaper version. I went on to fix two arms on SD, one is Graham 2.2 and the other is Triplanar latest version. I found that arm/cartridge/phono combination, IMHO, is the most important. I have, for one of the combinations, the Graham/Koetsu Urushi/Audio Researh Ref Phono together with Audio Research Ref preamp MkII(it is never good to be standalone pre by itself). The other combination on the same turntable i have is the Triplanar/Miyabi 47lab/TomEvanThe Groove with Convergent Ultimate Preamp. Both combinations give me good results for my Ediolon speakers. I do own other cartridges; namely Koetsu Rosewood Sig.Platinum, Lyra HelikonSL, FujiAiry3, Benz glider and ace. Other phono stage I own include the Whest2.0, 47lab PhonoCube with dual power supply. I have yet to find out more new combination with all these different components due to my limited time for listening. My advice to you is to spend your money in looking for the "right" phonostage to go along with your cartridge.