Where's the love for my RP-10 and Apheta 2?

Hi Folks,

A short time ago, I started a thread on amps/preamps where I asked about upgrading, but was concerned with diminishing returns.  The insights were very, very helpful and instructive.   It has caused me to focus more clearly on room treatments, speaker placement and power supply.   Given the help I received last time, I wanted to ask about  my Rega RP-10.

I have a new Rega RP-10 with the Apheta 2 cartridge, Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage, Conrad Johnson ET5 preamp, Conrad Johnson LP260MSE Tube monoblocks and EgglestonWorks Viginti speakers.  No DAC.

Mike Fremer on Stereophile gives the RP10 an A, I believe.  But, I just don't see a lot of love out there for the Rega's.  Am I missing something?

I originally purchased a Rega RP6 with the Exact2 cartridge with the same gear as listed above.  I knew that was not going to work for me because of the sound quality.  One of my dealer buddies told me that I needed to pony up a lot more money on the table, arm, cartridge and record cleaning machine.  I did that, and also got a ClearAudio Smart Matrix Pro record cleaning machine.

I listen a lot to classical music, Mozart mostly, on really good recordings.  I also listen to classic and contemporary rock music.  I generally like the sound of the RP10 and find it quite a bit better than my Oppo 105D with the Modwright upgrades (which also seems to get nominal love on these forums).

I think there is generally better value getting a used table with a new cartridge, but am open to opinion.  So, if you had $10,000 to spend on a new (to me) turntable or CD player, which way would you go?

Thanks for whatever insight you can provide.
Ag insider logo xs@2xliamowen
Would not do either.  You have a great phono setup that you are satisfied with, so why change?  CD players are a dead end, IMHO.  Get a hard drive playback/streamer for digital.
Stay off audiogon or any audio forums and listen to beautiful music. Toss the audio mags as well.

Play with your room treatment while  enjoying your clean records.

With that setup, you won't need affirmation from a bunch of audio wackos!

If you can't follow suggestions, get rid of everything and start over again.