Where is All the DSD?

Ever since last fall when Sony made the announcement that they would start releasing hi quality music files, DSD, I have been waiting with great anticipation to get those. Acoustic Sounds (and other online retailers) followed-up immediately with their own announcements that much more DSD content was on its way.... What happened? I check every several days hoping to fine loads of new DSD files available on AS and other stores; so far, I am not seeing them. Yes, there are a few decent DSD titles out there, but so far it has been a big let down. What went wrong?
stickman451

Showing 1 response by stickman451

Yep, as usual, they want to charge us too much for the same music again... How many times do we have to pay the record companies for a copy of our favorite album(s) which we bought on plain classic vinyl, then on cassette for the car, then on "Perfect Sound Forever", then on MFSL re-mastered vinyl, then on half-speed remasted vinyl, then on heavy-weight 200 gr vinyl, then on 45-speed heavy 200 gr vinyl, then on 256k MP3 so it would fit on our iPod, then downloaded in 44/16 PCM, then on 96/24 PCM, and then on 64 DSD (which sounds pretty good to my ears)....

When Acouustic Sounds has 25,000 DSD titles I will get excited... Let's just hope that they don't raise the price above the $25 -$28 range which is already EXTREMELY high for a computer file with NO liner notes, no song lyrics, and nothing to hold in your hand and look at....