where best to spend $2-3000 upgrade dollars in my system

Looking for help/opinions on where to best spend upgrade dollars in my system and recommendations.

Here's my current set up:

Musical Fidelity A300CR dual mono power amp

Musical Fidelity A3.2CR dual mono preamp

Musical Fidelity A5 CD Player

Kyocera T910 digital tuner

VPI Aries Scout with Dynavector MC 2x20 cart

Klipsch Cornwall II speakers

Also using Monster Cable Z2 Reference speaker cable, Cardas micro-twin phono cable, Van Den Hul D102MKIII cable for CD, and KimberKable PBJ for the rest

Lastly, using Furman Elite 15DMi line filter/power conditioner

Look forward to hearing ideas, thanks

bksuperphon2

Showing 2 responses by ozzy

Well as lak and others have stated first start with the AC power.
No matter what equipment changes you do in the future it will always be the foundation.

Here is my order of importance.

1. Dedicated circuits using 10 or 12 gauge wire (I have 3 for Digital, Analog, and subs).

2. Furutech GTX outlets. Don’t cheap out on this important part of the AC power foundation.

3. I really like the Core Tech balanced power conditioners.

4. Quality power cords. I really like the Cerious Matrix.

5. Room treatments, ASC traps, Synergistic HFT’s etc.

6. Interconnects, speaker cables. I really like the Cerious Matrix. (some may be replaced after #7 below.)

7. Then down the line investigate changing equipment.

ozzy
bksuperphon2,

No, but I have seen the Porter's mentioned many times in the forums though.

To me, getting behind the audio rack to install a outlet is a pain. So, even though the initial cost is more I would rather install the best and be done with it. 

The Furutech outlets can be purchased by many on line audio parts suppliers. The first one to come to mind is VH Audio but there are many. Even on EBay they're available. But caution, the China ones may be knock offs.

ozzy