Where are you buying new vinyl?

One of life's necessary evils just came good for me - now every man and his dog is into selling vinyl again I found a wonderful use for my AMEX points this week I've been building up for a while - I treated myself to 500 bucks of barnes and noble gift cards and spent the lot on the good olde black stuff!

Based in NYC we still have a few independents left: my favs: Rebel Rebel, Other Music, & J&R Music World (who btw seem to pull out all kinds of oddities that have been collecting dust in their basement for years, a few weeks ago they had a bunch of sealed copies of the front/nixon interviews which actually turned out to be a fascinating listen!)

A recent visit to Boston burned a huge hole in my pocket (paid with my CC of course!) to Newbury Comics - they have a wonderful selection of pretty much everything out right now.

So where is everyone getting their stuff - bricks and mortar stores or online?
sub question - Has anyone bought vinyl from everyones favorite hi-fi store: best buy (!) - and did the experience affect you psychologically in some way?
jpearce1b

Showing 1 response by philb7777

Great store in DFW (Grand Prarie, TX) called Forever Young Records. Amazing. Store has square footage of a Wal Mart Supermarket. Over 250,000 pieces of vinyl. They even have a "collecors coffin' which is a small enclosed glass area with all highly collectible and audiophile (1/2 speed masters) vinyl. Over 1,000 MFSL copies of vinyl in one small area! They are a bit pricey though. Great stuff from all genres and time periods.

Another good one is the Arkansas CD Record Exchange in Little Rock, Arkansas. The store may be small, but they also have over 100,000 pieces of vinyl there. Great jazz collection.

In Oklahoma City and Norman, OK we have Guestroom Records, with mostly new rock and nwe and used indie rock.

In Tulsa, OK we have Under the Mooch, a indie rock new and used store. This store is small and the stock is limited, but it has the best store name!