WHERE ARE THE BIG DAC ???

For many months still searching for the big one ! (tube dac)
It seem that the tendancy is Korean, Chineese, Taiwanese fairly unknown plug and play cheap dac that promise you the sonic paradise before you die ....
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xroccl007

Showing 1 response by fplanner2000

Stay tuned - It appears that Alex Peychev of APL HiFi will be coming out with 2 standalone DAC versions based upon his highly regarded NWO 4.0 player, 1 of which supposedly will be pretty identical to what's in the Esoteric based 4.0, minus the transport.

I currently have a Denon 3910 that he modified for me last December with 4 32-bit 1st generation AKM Dac chips, Class A tubed output stage, digital input, etc. Using my UX-1Pi as a transport, it sounds better than the Esoteric's DACs plus my G-0rb rubidium clock most of the time (except on SACDs).

His new DACs supposedly are much better than the modded Denon, but I won't know until I receive mine, hopefully within a week or so. I've been waiting over 1 1/2 years for this piece to be done, and it has apparently gone though several different iterations to get to its present form, now using lots of second generation AKM 32-bit DAC chips. I will hopefully know more shortly.