where and how to find blank "music" CD's

I recently came into possession of a TEAC LPR 400 turntable that can copy vinyl to CD. The problem is that apparently, I need RIAA (recording industry of America) approved music CD's and not the data CD's that are more common. The music CD's have a flag embedded in them that the manufacturer paid royalties to RIAA for lost revenue. Does anyone know where to get them, and/or how to tell the difference between the two if you are on ebay or similar site? 

tomsstereo

THESE are what you want. I have thousands of these burned from my bootlegging days (Grateful Dead, ABB, Phish, and too many others). I can't remember the last time I encountered a bad disc.

I have a Phillips CD recorder, model 760. It will not record music on data CDs. The recorder will not recognize a data CD is in the tray as a “blank” CD. It even indicates in the trouble shooting section of the manual you have to use “music only” CDs. I tried, having bought data CDs by mistake. Amazon has plenty. I bought the recorder when it first came out and it has and still works flawlessly. The manual was printed in 1998. How these recorders are made today, i.e. if new ones can record to data CDs, I have no idea. Not sure if the player in my desktop will record music to data CDs. I always use music CDs there also. 

Live and learn! I’ve made thousands of music CD’s on a computer and never heard of digital music CD’s. I even had a commercial CD copier.  Do music CD’s sound sound any different?

Blank CD discs are generic and there is no distinction between writing audio or data onto them. There are two types of writable blank CD discs, and your Teac is compatible with both:

• CD-R (CD Recordable) ...
  • CD-RW (CD Rewritable) ...

You are mistaken. The OP has a consumer grade CD recorder that requires discs made specifically for the purpose. The recorder will not write to data-grade CDs, by design. The proper discs will be labelled for music. Notice how Maxell labels its products:

Verbatim disc are labeled the same, indicating for music. I tested this morning recording to a Verbatim data-only blank CD from my desktop PC and it worked fine.