When to Poweroff amps and preamps

I apologize if this has been asked before but I haven’t been able to find it.  What is recommended for when to turn off the power to amplifiers and preamps?  What if you’re going to be using the equipment within a day or so...power it off completely, put it on sleep if that’s available, leave it on?  What if you’re not going to use  it for a longer time...a couple of days?  A week?  Are there different recommendations for solid state and tube equipment? I’m interested in both getting the best sound and prolonging the equipment life. 
brownsf

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

And no amount of “ on “ is going to save ya from SMPS hash, so get those isolated from delicate analog devices and on the ugly side of your electrical panel. Both.
The real SS engineers with good ears put in an effective standby circuit, including hybrids with tubes ( see for example Ayre or Vandersteen M7 HPA )

and of course super engineers like Jim White of Aesthetix also know how to engineer a great sounding FPGA DAC With tubes that also has a standby mode. Of course those who are living in 1985 and incapable of forming new impressions will protest. Again glad to be one of “the eighteen “.

heavy - is your MC240 stock ? Mine is 1961 and super modified.... sweet amp for sure