When is digital going to get the soul of music?

I have to ask this(actually, I thought I mentioned this in another thread.). It's been at least 25 years of digital. The equivalent in vinyl is 1975. I am currently listening to a pre-1975 album. It conveys the soul of music. Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell.
mmakshak
I think that 24/192 hirez does get the soul, it is so much better than redbook. That said vinyl in a direct comparison still sounds.. like vinyl. But I think that a really good dac playing 24/192 files is certainly competitive with a good TT ( and the digital setup will cost less and be way more user friendly) is it as good as the state of the art in analog, well for what one of those would cost I think I'll take my Ferrari in black please :-)
Puh-leeaze. Any piece of music that can be so easily killed just by digitization, well, it must not have been very soulful to begin with.

People who think vinyl is "soulful" and that CD's aren't, they clearly have no historical perspective. They're the same ones who would've argued during the days of wax cylinders that audio recording was anti-musical, and that music should be recorded only as sheet music. Yet somehow, the soul of music just continues to pervade all of these ignorant arguments.
The point is we need to keep the heat for high rez. there is a seroius to say digital is already perfect or maybe even too good for the masses. Sampling rates are just part of the problem.
"Although digital may be more detailed, and even gives more detail than analog does(in a way), when will it convey the soul of music. This has escaped digital, as far as I can tell."

Have you tried any of the current DSD recordings?