Whats the best $1500 tonearm for a Teres

Doesn't have to be new but must mate well with a Benz Micro Ebony L. I know Teres' website point to Moerch as being a top tier. Origin Live is also listed, But what other arms are Teres owners using or have used in this price range.

One more question. Does the Benz cart mate well with Teres TT?

FWIW I know this TT is worthy of more but my budget is already stretched. Thanks.
128x128artemus_5

Showing 4 responses by artemus_5

Thanks for the informative answers
FWIW, my question was spawned from my experience with an upgrade from an MMF-7 to a Scoutmaster. I had a Goldring Elite cart which had performed very good on the 7. However when I put it on the SM, I was very disappointed. My upgrade was not an upgrade. Though it had a lot more weight and authority, the tonal qualities were quite bad. I finally came to the conclusion that there was an incompatibility. Changing to a Dyna 20xl made a big difference. The Benz is much better still. But I never knew whether it was an arm or table incompatibility
Doug
I moved the Goldring over to the JMW-9 which comes with the Scoutmaster. It was a terrible match which surprised me since, according to specs it should have worked nicely. That is what made me wonder if it was a mismatch in the table and cart rather than the cart and arm.
OK, I've settled on an arm. I am picking up a Teres 340 on Monday and have bought an Origin Live Illustrious III for it.
This may not be the final arm on this table but it was all I could afford at this time since I've really stretched to get the TT. Time will tell. Next up is to build a rack for it. I'm planning on building the one which Chris Brady has pictured on his (Teres) site.
FWIW, I remember the first time I saw a Teres 265. I was captivated by its beauty if nothing else. Being a woodworker, how can you NOT like the Cocobolo?
Anyway, Thanks to all who have been helpful
Thanks gentlemen for your encouragement about the arm. The OL seems to have its share of detractors and those who love it. I think the detractors do not like the inability to adjust all planes ie azmuth. I'm not a big tweaker so i may not find this a big distraction. It will be next week before the arm arrives. I'll keep you posted after I get it setup

PS
I picked up the TT today. Beautiful. I never thought I would be able to own such a fine table