Whats playing on your system today?

Today I decided to listen to two of my favorite rock guitar heros and one great vocalist. Guitarist' Robin Trower, Ronnie Montrose and vocalist Davey Pattison.

I listened to Trower songs:
Bridge of sighs, Stitch in time, The fool and me, my personal favorite- Too rolling stoned and others.....

Then I pulled out "Gamma". 
I listened to: Razor King, Wish I was and Skin and bone and others.....

Davey Pattison hooked has also up with Michael Shenker also. I really enjoyed my day so far. Anybody else heard anything good?

N

nutty
Well, I checked it out.  I thought "50th anniversary" meant some sort of retrospective/reissue overview of albums from his career.  Turns out it is just that one self-titled 1971 recording.  What was 1 CD is now 4 (+ a live show DVD) filled out by 30 outtakes and alternate takes.  Just $105.99 on Amazon (slimmed down offerings also available, I should point out).  But 30 outtakes and alternates?  I'm thinking there's probably a reason they were left off the original release.  No offense to fans or his estate but for me, personally, I find this kind of stuff annoying.  

ghosthouse

Thank You for the follow up. I have been looking for a jump-in-point for Rory.  I will probably start with the 1971 s/t CD. What is the best pressing?

Happy Listening!
@jafant
Glad to help though I’m going to be pretty lame advising you on "best pressing". Most I can do on that score is tell you what I have but I don’t claim they are "best".

If I were buying now for the first time, I might skip the 5 disc box but would definitely consider the 2 CD 50th anniversary edition of Rory’s s/t "first". It’s a strong album with some excellent playing. Pretty certain you will enjoy it. It has aged well.

See link here:
https://rorygallagher.com/rory-gallagher-50th-anniversary-edition/

Scroll down a lot to find the "2CD" edition. It’s the next to last item at the bottom of the "page". I think I saw it on Amazon for $25. They did a good job in the studio recording the album so hopefully this remaster doesn’t muck things up at all. I have it on a (Capo/Eagle?) CD but not looking at it this minute so will have to get back to you on that option.

Another essential Rory album in my O-pinion is Tattoo. Sonics on it are pretty good. A good bit of air but more compressed (I think) than the s/t first I have. Again, some really good songs, including the RG trademark tune, "A Million Miles Away". Another one I’ll have to get back to you as to which version I have.

Listened to Against the Grain during the same recent listening session as led to the superb sonics comment about the ’71 s/t album. Another recording with very good sonics and more great songs (though "Out On The Western Plain" seems kind of silly to me, lyric-wise). Cluney Blues is a good instrumental.

So those are 3 to consider starting out.

A bargain package will be the Original Album Classics box. 5 CDs for $60 on Amazon (think the price was much lower in the past).  Deuce and Calling Card stick out in my mind as having good songs. Not sure about sonics. Haven’t listened to these in a while.
https://www.discogs.com/Rory-Gallagher-Original-Album-Classics/release/2638254

Finally get the DVD (or Blue Ray disc) Irish Tour ’74. Could be argued it should be the first thing I mentioned. Sound ain’t anything special (disappointing, actually) but still a really good concert documentary. Will give you a taste of the buzz about Rory's live performances.  
https://www.amazon.com/Irish-Tour-74-Rory-Gallagher/dp/B004NDJXO4

ghosthouse

Thank You for the consultation.  I will keep you posted on my progress.

Happy Listening!