Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Boulez conducts Ravel - Daphnis & Chloé Suite #2 / Rapsodie Espagnole / Pavane For A Dead Princess / Alborada Del Gracioso. The Cleveland Orchestra & Choir. Columbia Masterworks 1971

Do visit and bring some Fab 4 !!!!
Check my travel schedule first, got a date with Seattle at some point :-)

Rickie Lee Jones - It’s Like This ( APP 45 rpm )
Evgeni Svetlanov Conducts Tchaikovsky’s ‘The Seasons’. USSR Symphony Orchestra. Columbia Masterworks 1978 2 LP set. Orchestral and piano versions. Playing the Orchestral.

Wonderful recording and performance 
Gordon Bok, Ann Mayo Muir, Ed Trickett ‎– All Shall Be Well Again (Folk-Legacy 1983)
@mammothguy54 

Ha! You have quite a collection as well. Definitely take Jim up on his offer, a true gentleman.
Neeme Jarvi conducts Dvorak Cello Concerto in B Minor. Frans Helmerson with The Gothenburg Symphony Orchestra. BIS Swedish pressing 1983
I almost forgot... Abbey Road, original copy in NM/M- condition, MoFi Abbey Road (Excellent), and the latest released, Anniversary Edition of Abbey Road.  Yeah, I like that album!
You're a good group of guys.  James (tomic601) is only about 1 1/2 hour drive for me and he invited me over to take a listen and have a few sips.  I'll be sure to take him up on that fairly soon.

FYI, I have an original copy of Revolver that is in fairly good condition (VG+), original copy of Yellow Submarine (but the recording is not so good), original Srgt. Peppers (VG), Japanese pressing of Srgt. Peppers (Excellent), original copy of Magical Mystery Tour (VG+), MoFi of Magical Mystery Tour (Excellent), and MoFi White Album (Excellent).  Not bad, but I really want those early years albums, and preferably in Excellent condition.

Be safe and healthy.
I do similar when I buy box sets. Same when I got The Beatles mono box. I had similar thoughts.
@mammothguy54

@bkeske I am envious of your Beatles collection. I wish that I still had my original copies of Meet The Beatles, Beatles 65, etc. They became thrashed as I was too young to understand how to take care of them. I have replaced many with reissues, but I still need several others to be more complete.

I wish some were in better condition. Actually, my Meet the Beatles plays and sounds pretty darn good for handling as a child. The ‘White’ and Abbey Road were given to me by my cousin right around 1970 or so. Unfortunately she just trashed them, and believe her needle may have been a nail 😁 But, still nice to have. I have a complete set on CD, but, ya know, still cant beat vinyl. Thus, I’ll probably replace a couple over time.

And yes, the transformation from beginning to end was at light speed. I remember it very well and reminisce still. The Beatles truly achieve what is "classic" in music and bring with it a mentality and philosophy that has become part of life.

I don’t think there has ever been another band achieve what they did, especially over such a short time span. Although they had many influences, there is little doubt that they, themselves, both influenced and pushed music at the time in an incredible direction, and opened up new possibilities. They also just seemed to be a perfect band for times that were changing so drastically and quickly outside of music, but very rarely (over their complete work) brought any hint of politics into their music. I dare say, we have never seen a band push the boundaries they did in relation to other music at the time, before, or even after.....and even became literally ‘elevator music’ as well.

Anyway, it was fun to do that. Don’t think I ever have before.

@bkeske I am envious of your Beatles collection.  I wish that I still had my original copies of Meet The Beatles, Beatles 65, etc.  They became thrashed as I was too young to understand how to take care of them.  I have replaced many with reissues, but I still need several others to be more complete.
And yes, the transformation from beginning to end was at light speed.  I remember it very well and reminisce still.  The Beatles truly achieve what is "classic" in music and bring with it a mentality and philosophy that has become part of life.
The Innocent Age ..... Dan Fogelberg.

Near Mint +.
Looks and sounds like never played.
@dayglow i just picked this album up at my local used record store.  This album is visually in very good shape and there was no surface noise on the first side of the double album (all I have listened to currently).  The dynamics were good but not quite at the level of quality current day pressings.  Overall a worthwhile listen that was very engaging so far.
@drrsutliff  +1  I'm curious regarding the sound quality on the Blue Note 1984 compilation.
The Beatles - Let it Be. Apple 1970

The last released, but not the last recorded.
Angela Bofill-Tell Me Tomorrow Side 2
Emerson Lake & Palmer-ST Side 1
Marlene VerPlanck-Sings Alec Wilder Side 2
Tchaikovsky & Sibelius Violin Concertos(Kyung-Wha Chung/London CS 6710/Previn) Side 1
Frank Sinatra-The Concert Sinatra Side B
Triumph-Allied Forces Side B
Rodney Crowell-Keys To The Highway Side 1

Robin Williamson ‎– Songs Of Love And Parting (Claddagh 1981)

Beautiful album. Recommended. 
The White album is truly a pinnicle of human endeavor.

Robin Williamson & His Merry Band ‎– A Glint At The Kindling (Awareness 1986 [1979])
Ya think? 😁 Playing ‘65, I decided to go backwards, and play them through. In order.

it’s always striking to me to listen to Meet the Beatles, then the White album, and realize it was only four years later.

Pretty incredible listening to the evolution, which happened at lightening speed.
Rick
i meant Yesterday and Today, Forever Young must be a record store i been too on my travels.
Has Ron tidied up at Wolfsons yet?

Went to Tiger yesterday, nowhere today.
David Bromberg - Demon In Disguise (Columbia 1972 )

Great album. Bass is a little full.
@uberwaltz Visited Yesterday and Today records for RSD.
Today went to Wolfson Records and just focused on the Jazz section.  Made it about half way through...
Power .... John Hall.

Think John was the only Rock Guitarist to have also served in Congress!!
Shame he is not there now though.
The Beatles - Meet the Beatles. Capitol reissue 1966

Yes, the same album I had as a child 😉

Gotta say, after a couple good cleanings, it sounds pretty darn good too.