Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
I believe the bonus lp of Warren Z "SITF" sounds better than lp 1. The midrange is wonderful as are his vocals.

With this lp, the performance is king!
The best Buffy Sainte-Marie songs I ever heard are the live version, and the studio version, of "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" on The Indigo Girls live album - "1200 Curfews". Buffy is a great writer, but I'm not a fan of her singing. Indigo Girls remedied that issue....
@slaw I think so.

@reubent I know what you mean. The vibrato can be a bit present. I do like her angry voice though. 
Duke Ellington ‎– Monologue (Columbia Special Products 1973 )

What a fun collection. 40/50s recordings but the music is sublime.
@noromance  - Yeah, I like the anger. Heck, I respect anyone with conviction and who wears their heart on their sleeve. I just don't like the "worbble".

Do you know the Indigo Girl's version? Also, that Indigo Girl's live album - "1200 Curfews" is fantastic. They were on top of their game at that time and I was lucky to see them right around that time. I saw both the show with the band, as well as an acoustic show with just the two of them. Both shows were fantastic.

@reubent Yes. I know the Indigo Girls. My better half is a big fan so they play in the car. My favorite song of theirs is Everything in its Own Time on Shaming of the Sun.
@chicagoblue1977  - Welcome to the best thread on AudiogoN! Keep 'em coming.....
Also, regarding Indigo Girls - In addition to their fantastic live version of "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, on the live album - 1200 Curfews, they also play fantastic covers of "Tangled Up in Blue", "Midnight Train to Georgia and "River". I'm not a rabid Indio Girl's fan, but the live album, and these covers, are really, really good.
Got a chance to listen to my copy of Melissa Etheridge - S/T DMM again tonight at a higher volume than last time. The sound quality is better than I originally thought. I always like this album and had it on CD since it was first released. Glad to now have it on vinyl......
@chicagoblue1977   

Welcome to this thread.  It's fun to contribute and even more fun to get so much from what others contribute.  You'll have a blast here.  Bring it on...
+1 Steve (Slaw). That is an album (one of many) I lost a lot of brain cells too

The Glands / Double Thriller 
Cat Power "Wanderer"

Any of you, fans!

I've wondered why she hasn't been mentioned in a very long time.
Perhaps it was because her last lp "Sun" wasn't that great! It wasn't that great SQ either.

This lp is a rebirth. Check it out 
Reubent,
Camel is a great band! 

Slaw,
I never bought "Sun" but have all her main releases from 1998 - 2008. Those are all good (she has such a great almost blues style voice), but the one I've listened to the most is "The Greatest". How does her latest compare to the earlier releases? 

Ash Ra Tempel / ST
@boxer12  - I was referring to The Glands - "I Can See My House From Here". 
Tim,

I’d describe it as mellow with a deep and confident understanding of her maturity as an artist. I love it on the first listen.

By the album jacket... there’s a glimpse of a child. Maybe she has experienced motherhood now and this is reflective in her music?

More introspective.
Post removed 
Modern Jazz Quartet - Live at the Lighthouse. MoFi reissue/master 1984, Originally Atlantic 1966
PJ Harvey "To Bring You My Love"

@big_greg, 

I took a cue from you on this, my next PJ Harvey purchase.

Thanks!
My mistake Reubent. Are you a fan of "The Glands"? This is the only album I have from them but do like it.

Thanks Steve

Tunng / Mothers Daughter
Alice in Chains - Facelift. One of my favorite records from the Seattle 90s scene.
@boxer12  - I must admit, I do not own any albums by The Glands. However, I do like what I've heard. "I Can See my House From Here" is on a playlist my son and I listen to often.....
U guys are on fire... 

love Cat Power, she lives on the server here, mostly. I have The Covers on LP

Cat Power - The Covers
Chatting with Cray veteran and Quantum Physicist I work with... turns out he has 3 TT in boxes in the basement... stay tuned...