For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Got this idea from dayglow...

Gentle Giant   'Free Hand'  Very quiet vinyl, very interesting music.  I bought this during my senior year of college.  Haven't played it in 40 years, until today.

The Motels   'Little Robbers'  Awesome album!  Great SQ!
WPC ‎– Ogilala (BMG Martha's Music 2017)

William Patrick Corgan from the Smashing Pumpkins. Solid.
Jean Martinon conducts Saint-Saëns - Symphony In A & Symphony In F "Urbs Roma". Orchestre National De L'ORTF. Angel 1975.
I have their (Gentle Giant) first album upstairs in the VG pile. The one with the Underwood painted cover.
St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
Van Halen II tonight! Dancin’ the night away!
@noromance  - I'm a big fan of Elvis Costello. So diverse. Some of my favorites are "All This Useless Beauty", "Spike" and "King of America". 
Motherland....again

Natalie M
Szell conducts Bruckner - Symphony No 3. The Cleveland Orchestra. Columbia Masterworks 1966
+1 for Elvis!  Blood and Chocolate is one of my favorites.
Well I'll try again.  This is "April Seventh."  Larry Coryell live in 1977.  This isn't available in any other format I know of other than video.  Of course the audio isn't like high quality vinyl, but the performance is captivating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psft8ZRfCRU

I beat the clock by 8 minutes, when it will turn April 8.
Rod Stewart - Every Picture Tells a Story
@keegiam i enjoyed the Coryell you posted the other eve, dude is fast. i guess i am more in the less is more skool of notes....but i do enjoy him especially his use of Harmonics...
big_greg

Excellent album (in any format) to Test one's audio system.

Happy Listening!
@big_gregg
If your JVC is anything like my Japan model JVC QLA-7 (100 V) ..KEEP IT !!!
I am using a NOS JVC
Z1-S CARTRIDGE WITH THE BORON SAS NEEDLE FROM JICO IF YOU would LIKE THE INFO IT IS: DT-Z1S SAS/B x1IT IS $195 + $22 SHIPPING FROM JICO IN JAPAN IT IS WELL WORTH IT IMO.

I INSTALLED IT ON THAT NOS DT Z1S
(MD-1025) SOUNDS AS GOOD AS ANY OTHER CARTRIDGE I HAVE AND I HAVE a NOS Stanton 681 EEE MKIII A NOS Shure M95HE A NOS ADC XLM MKII Improved.
You know another thing I noticed about that JVC Z1S (MD-1025) cartridge is the frequency response.
It’s 10 Hertz to 25khz Very few cartridges go as low as 10 Hertz.😃
@tomic601

Glad you enjoyed these.  Coryell isn't only lots of notes.  Check out the complex chord structures in "April Seventh" I posted (now yesterday - LOL).  He composed this piece in the mid-70s.

@reubent I've a love-hate vibe with Elvis. When he's noisy and new wave, it can be a bit dissonant. But when he is good (which is a lot), he's genius. 
Post removed 
Eastmountainsouth - S/T on the server, out of gas.....

Qubits zooming today......
@big_greg Yeah, Blood & Choc is fine. Isn't /I Want You/ just perfect?
Beethoven 
Piano Trio Op 97 “Archduke”
Pablo Casals, Cello

Silk Degrees
Holly Cole, Temptation
Year of the Cat

Buffalo Springfield Again.  I'm going to be listening to this again.  And again.  And again.  I have 3 copies and none of them are in Discogs.  
@noromance Yeah!  That's one of my favorite songs ever.  I think it's one of the greatest recorded performances ever.  I know many will disagree.  I've played it for friends that definitely didn't.

@grey9hound The QL-66YF was JVCs top of the line DD in the 80's.  It's a gorgeous fully automatic table and in excellent condition.  I did end up keeping it.  The buyer was understanding and very cool about it.  In its stock state, it was kind of a crappy turntable.  It has a very large and insubstantial hollow plinth and picked up airborne vibrations like nobody's business.  A few pounds of plastic-clay stuffed inside the plinth and some better feet took care of that.  I can play it as loud as my VPI Classic 2 or my Technics SL1200 MK2 with no issues.  I currently have a Denon DL-301 MK2 cartridge on it, but have used it with my much better Kiseki Blue NS and it was a nice pairing.

@jafant I really like that album, not just for the sonics, but Rod was at the top of his game in terms of songwriting and performing.
Leon Russell and the Shelter People
@ big_greg

I can Crank the JVC-QL-A7 to over 100db with no resonance or feedback issues ,at all.
I am impressed. I have owned it for about 6 months
@grey9hound I don't think my system will play that loud!  Unless I put my Klipsch Quartets in.  Careful with those ears my friend!  
@david3838,

About time we had some Leon Russell around here.   +1

Keep ‘em coming.  

———————————————-

Leon Russell 
Eponymous
Shelter Records 1970 (Repress/Reissue?)

why not ?
Leon Russell - Live at Gilley’s

memory is fleeting but i recall it was a RSD release...

fun
Leon Russell  S/T  My original copy was just way too thrashed.  I got a reissue a couple of years ago by Audio Fidelity, limited edition #1,243.  It's a blue vinyl, heavy, and flat.  SQ is remarkably good, much better than the original.  

Buffalo Springfield  'Again'  The above mention on this album, well, I just had to spin it.  I'm so glad that I listened to the advice I got on this thread and bought the Box Set, 'What's That Sound'.  SQ is just great!
The only Leon Russell I've ever had is "Will O' the Wisp."  Thanks for introducing me to more.
@keegiam   I have 'Will O' The Wisp' as well, an original pressing.  It's a very good SQ, at least my copy is.  And the music is one of his very best.  Next, try getting a copy of 'Carney'.  That's a very good album, too.  
@mammothguy54,

Joel, I have the Audio Fidelity, Leon Russell as well. I was disappointed in the SQ on my first listen. I’ll try it again.

FWIW, I bought a copy of "Carney" pressed at QRP years ago and it was full of clicks & pops. Returned it for replacement with the seller agreeing to check out the replacement. I was informed it was defective as well.

big_greg

Absolutely! Rod was on fire as well as his band. Outstanding! sonics to be sure.

Happy Listening!
I received and played the Melissa Etheridge. DMM version just happened to be at a good price.

https://www.discogs.com/Melissa-Etheridge-Melissa-Etheridge/master/110400

Warm up your tubes first, then have at it, it is terrific. Of course my system is far better than 31 years ago when the album was new,  This is a very good condition very noise free copy. Her voice and songs are amazing, and now you hear all the great musicians like never before. I played it loud the first day, got the blood moving, the memories flowing. Today normal decent volume and lower volume just to hear it that way, couldn't be happier.

Well recorded, clear tight imaging, like a small stage band, not spread out on a large stage. Individual instrument distinction easily perceived in no exaggerated way. IOW, you easily listen to the music, not straining to listen to your system.

This one, and my CD version will be good for my comparison of my new Oppo BDP-105 to prior CD player and the CD to the LP.

I wish it existed on Reel to Reel.

Oh yeah

Seller packed the $10. LP very nicely (better than I do)

Craig Moerer Records by Mail

just checked, he's got over 100k listings on eBay

https://www.ebay.com/sch/craigmoerer/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
@Elliott you are a treasure

so are you @Jafant. please keep posting here
War Dept sprung this today...

mesmerizing....

https://www.audible.com/pd/Beginners-Mind-Audiobook/B08ZYXLTYG?ref=a_author_Yo_c19_lProduct_1_1&...

we are mostly all immigrants, some have forgot this...perhaps they ( we ) can relearn.... The attentive listener shall be rewarded to the reference to Saudades ( Water Lily WLA-CS-16 CD and Vinyl )

I have a Cd copy for loan, should someone seek to explore.

Jim
@elliottbnewcombjr,

I played several of my Melissa Etheridge lps not too long ago. I bought her "S/T" when it came out, mastered by Stephen Marcussen @ Precision Laquer/DMM/standard weight vinyl.

Love the music but I always thought it is a little too hot and lacking lower bass.

Anyway, an interesting comparison is Melissa Etheridge "Never Enough" Island/EU
I just ordered from Discogs $10 for DMM in NM from seller w 100% feedback....we shall listen and provide feedback......fun

Neil Young - On the Beach. Reprise 1974

......had to edit my mistake on the release date....but man o man...this album sounds like I’m listening to it for the first time. Incredible. The Hagerman is settling in amazingly.
@mammothguy54, thanks for suggesting "Carney."  I checked out the tracks on YouTube and, while I enjoyed the throwback aspect, it sounds dated and not up to par with "Will 'O the Wisp."  Or maybe I'm just old.
@slaw,

Steve, my reference to the good SQ on the Leon Russell album was with consideration that the original pressing was not so good.  I assumed the master tape had more to offer and I was pleased that it turned out that way.  No, it's not a "superior" SQ, but it is rather good and certainly enjoyable.  And with the vinyl being so quiet that adds to the listening pleasure.  And besides, many wonderful memories from those days.  Try playing it at a moderate volume level, that makes all the difference.
Rod Stewart's - "Every Picture Tells a Story" is a GREAT album. It ended up ranked # 1 in  Jimmy Guterman's book - "The Best Rock 'N' Roll Records of All Time: A Fan's Guide to the Stuff You Love.".

I don't know that I agree it is THE Best, but it is certainly in up there.
Eric Clapton - There’s One in Every Crowd
Petteri Iivonen
Art of the Violin 
J. S. Bach, Debussy, Lefkowitz, Ysaÿe
Yarlung Records 2011

Unbelievably good
@bkeske, On The Beach one of my favorites too.