For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@slaw 

Steve, I’m basically a rookie learning fast, so….am dangerous in giving advice 😁

But, always being curious, and wanting to learn more, I did look at a manual for your phono pre, unfortunately only found it in French, so trying to make sense of it.

You have jumpers to adjust both capacitance and resistance. Per Peter’s specs on both the Sussarro and MIMC, he marks recommended capacitance loading as ‘N/A’ (not applicable). But recommended resistance load setting as equal to or greater than 470. 

My Hagerman is set at 220 capacitance by default (no additional setting offered). So, that is my starting point for all carts, no matter MM or MC. That bothers some who consider the Hagerman. it’s never been an issue to me…..yet. Thus, I only have resistance load options of:  47, 100, 220, 470, 1k, & 47k. I think I may have been misunderstanding that the loading you stated had more to do with the capacitance options vs resistance.

You have a variety of capacitance settings for MM, then various resistance settings for MC. It looks like if no resistance jumper is installed, it provides 47K, typical for hi output MM carts. You do have a 980 resistance jumper setting in MC (which you could utilize for your lo output SS), and that would probably be most attractive to my listening tastes, as it jumps all the way down to a resistance of 100 from 980. But I have no idea what I would set my capacitance to, as SS states that it is ‘not applicable’.

So, out of curiosity, what are you setting your capacitance & resistance load at for the Sussarro? Just curious in order to learn more.

Thanks for your interest Brian. My interest is in learning as well. I have many "jumper option" that I frankly don't understand but since I have a dedicated slot for custom value, I’m focusing on that. I’m not knowledgeable enough to feel good about answering your question.

@slaw

Gotcha Steve…..well, maybe for giggles, try the capacitance at 200 or 250, and resistance at 980. Would be interested in knowing your thoughts on those settings, as we don’t run the same cart, but Soundsmith both, so wonder if the MIMC and Sussarro are similar in that regards.