Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@bkeske Brian-no offense meant.  I just happened to wandering through Fire's website looking for something else and came upon the Pere Ubu information.

Further digging revealed that Paul Hamann embarked on the Ubu remastering around the end of 2016.  He had pretty much concluded the project in February or early March of 2017.  By that time, Paul's health was deteriorating rapidly.  To his credit, he really did work right up to the end.  And we lost so much with his passing including Suma.

Daniel

@puffball08

@bkeske Brian-no offense meant.

None taken. My ’matter of fact’ style at times may have inferred that, but no.

It is interesting that Discogs does list Suma as being the recording studio of record on the Fire reissues (which I did check). Perhaps someone did their homework and knew that Suma (Paul) had some involvement. That is a good thing IMO. I have a feeling Fire may have wanted to keep the cover sleeve as original as possible, so provided no additional info regarding the remastering.

Having the same concerns, i questioned @boxer12 about these Fire releases, and he gave them a thumbs-up, so that was good enough for me 😉

@bkeske 

i questioned @boxer12 about these Fire releases, and he gave them a thumbs-up, so that was good enough for me 😉

++ Tim 👍

@mammothguy54 Good luck at Daedelus. Don't let him sell anything called Apollo 13!

Re-spinning recent purchases:

Joan Armatrading - S/T

Art Blakey - Moanin'

Steve Ray Vaughn - In Step (Still WOW!)