Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1

@bkeske, The Trolls did one 45 I believe, a cover of a Beatles song.

There was a guy who headed the Garage Band resurgence of the late-70’s---Greg Shaw of Bomp Magazine and Records fame. He was (R.I.P.) a great Rock ’n’ Roll historian/writer, with a particular love of regional music and singles by Garage Bands. His 7"/45 RPM collection was massive---over 100,000 of ’em! I filled him in on some of the finer details of the San Jose Garage scene of the mid-to-late 60’s. Such as:

The history of The Watchband on Wikipedia contains one glaring mistake: it names Pete Curry as their original drummer. That is incorrect. What happened was, The Watchband had been rehearsing (in the garage of my Jr. High and High School School friend (Chuck Kemling) parents house for months. Chuck’s brother Jo was in the band at that point, playing a Vox Continental organ. When they were ready to play out (during the Summer of ’65), they decided to hold a giant party near the California coast (slightly north of Santa Cruz iirc). They rented a portable power generator (running on gasoline), and placed it in a hole they had dug in the sand, which they then covered with boards and blankets (it was very noisy). On the very day of that maiden voyage Watchband drummer Gary Andrijasavich took sick, and Pete Curry (a very good friend of both Chuck and I. It was on Pete’s drumset that I did my first practicing) was enlisted as his replacement, for that one show only.

By the way: Pete’s been playing bass in Los Straitjackets for over 20 years now. He and I played together in a coupla bands over the years. He is also a good recording engineer, with a 16-track 2" 3M machine is his home studio. He recorded the demo my late-70's Pop group made for Howie Kline of 415 Records, the label that gave us some of the best San Francisco groups of the Punk/New Wave era. That Pop group (The, ugh, Donuts ;-) can be heard on the 415 Records label sampler LP.

Anyway, Greg Shaw also had a mail order record business, with an office/warehouse on San Fernando Road in Burbank, which I visited on several occasions. He served as The Flamin’ Groovies manager for awhile in the 70’s, and put them together with Dave Edmunds. Dave took them to Rockfield Studio in Wales, and the resulting album---Shake Some Action---is fantastic, the best English Invasion-based album I’ve ever heard.

@tomic601, Thanks mate, I’ll keep an eye out for your package.