For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
@noromance has a Decca time machine...

close as I ever came was a set of the ribbons for my poor mans HQD setup..
I asked a record seller on Discogs ( SedonaAntiques ) for a grade difference refund on a Delaney and Bonnie that was advertised as NM-
he apologized and said, what do you want ?
i replied, you know the market better than me but this record is good at best and filthy- donate the difference to your local food bank 

I waited a month or so with no reply, so I tagged him with negative feedback.

in his feedback, he accused me of trying to shake him
down

needless to say, the appeals process was swift and short...
I looked at my shelves and counted just a little more than 150 albums that I bought on Discogs in 2019.   One delivery of 2 records came in a water soaked cardboard mailer from France.  The records were fine but the jackets were wrecked.  I sent photos and the seller immediately refunded my full payment and didn’t ask me to send them back.  I gave him a great review ‘cause damage during shipping was certainly not his fault.  I imagine the French postal system as at least as bad as ours.  On one other purchase the record and jacket were about like you’re describing Uber, off the scale bad. Jacket torn and writing all over it and a record that looked like it was wiped with a Reece’s peanut butter cup.  I sent a message and the guy said he’d follow up with the underling that grades his records (operation out of a big used shop in Berkeley that I never liked much....). And offered recompense if I wanted to return it.  I told him I appreciated that but to forget it.  I left off any review and dropped it.  I mean, it was probably a $10 purchase so who cares really.   Not worth a trip to the post office.  Most of The rest were all about as Greg describes: a bit below sellers’ grading.  Many though are clean and minty and I give their sellers rave reviews.  I think for me overall Discogs is an amazing resource.  I buy less than half my records from there but think about it.  Where is somebody going to find that early hard rock album that they’re obsessed with if it’s not in any of their LRSs?  
Spirit.
Valid points on the " must have" records.
Which is what this was as never seen LedZep 3 in any LRS so bit the bullet.
Then it bit me... Lol.

Always a bad apple somewhere...