Whats on your turntable tonight?

For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
The topic of used prices is interesting.  My local record store's prices have been creeping up.  It used to be that most decent quality records were in the $4 - $6 range, unless they were rare, then maybe they would top out at $15.  Now it's more like $6 - $8 with some being close to 20 bucks.  Their "New Arrivals" don't last long there (unless they suck) and they are constantly bringing in new items.  While the prices have gone up, their prices are almost always about 80% or less of what I see the same condition items being sold for on Discogs.

In another city not far away, most of their records start out around $15 and $20 or more is not uncommon.  They have a much larger inventory and you can usually find almost anything you want there, unless it's something rare, but it looks like their inventory doesn't move nearly as quickly.  They put the date on their price stickers and I see a lot of records that have been there for years.  The cost of living and also I assume rent for retail space is higher in that city, so they probably need to make a higher margin on their used records.  Whenever I visit there, I usually buy something, but a lot less than I would at my local store.  And when I see something priced at $20 that I could buy a new copy of for $20 - $25, I'll pass.
  • Thelonious Monk, specifically the Complete Riverside recordings.  They sound so much better than the CD version.  I was feeling a little queasy from an odd dinner, but the Monk revived me.  Music is powerful medicine.
@michaelburke - Welcome to the "Whats on Your Turntable Tonight?" thread. Glad the music perked you up! Keep 'em coming.....