Whats in your second system?

Just curious as to the people who like myself have many thousands "invested" in their main system with all the latest tweaks, cables etc and also have a second or even third system.

Did you assemble that with the same love and care and dedication and costly tweaks?

Or did you throw something together from bargain bins or indeed your old leftovers and then sat back and thought...Wow this sounds really good!

And if so did that get you thinking on the main system...lol.

My second system cost way less than the speaker cables on my main system but I am constantly shocked at just how nice it sounds for such a no frills setup.

Linn Classic all in one
Tannoy 2 ellipse small floorstanders
20 year old (at least) Jensen 50w 8 inch sub.
Monster Cable 12/2 speaker cable bare wire ends.
Home brewed power cord just cos I had it laying around.

The Linn just sits on top of a chest of drawers with the Tannoys flanking the chest either side and the lil sub sitting behind the chest.

And it sounds darn good tbh!
128x128uberwaltz

Showing 3 responses by chaskelljr2001

I’m assembling a Bedroom (Audio Only) System now with the following:

Headphones #1:  Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones

Headphones #2:  Sennheiser HD-598 Headphones

Headphones #3:  Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones (Forthcoming)(Price — $150.00)

Integrated Amplifier:  NAD 3140 Integrated Amplifier

Yamaha RV-V481 Audio/Video Receiver (For Internet Radio & Home Theatre)

Turntable:  Technics SL-1200 MkII Quartz-Locked Direct-Drive Turntable (Forthcoming)(Price Range — $400.00 To $700.00)

Phono Cartridge:  LP Gear Deft 2 Moving Magnet (Forthcoming)(Price — $100.00)

—Charles—
The Third System is a Mobile Headphone Based System.

Headphones #1: Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones (Same Ones Used In Second System — Home Listening Only)(Music Only)

Headphones #2: Sennheiser HD-598 Headphones (Same Ones Used In Second System — Mobile & Home Theater Listening (For Now)(Mobile Listening Only When The Audio Technica ATH-M50x’ Finally Arrive)

Headphones #3: Audio Technica ATH-M50x (Same Ones Listed In Second System — Multi Purpose Listening (Both Music & Home Theater)(Home Theater Headphones When They Arrive)(Price — $150.00)

Haedphone Amplifier/DAC: xDuoo XD-05

Music Player: Apple iPhone 6S — 64 GB (For Now)(Eyeing Cayin i5 OR Cowon P1 Plenue Down The Road)($400.00 To $500.00)

Lightning To USB Camera Interface:  Apple

—Charles—

Update onto my second system (which is placed into my bedroom):

Headphones #1: Sennheiser HD-650 Headphones

Headphones #2: Sennheiser HD-598 Headphones

Headphones #3: Audio Technica ATH-M50x Headphones (Forthcoming)(Price — $150.00)

Integrated Amplifier: NAD 3140 Integrated Amplifier

Home Theater Receiver: Yamaha RV-V481 Audio/Video Receiver (For Internet Radio & Home Theatre)

Phono Preamplifier: Schiit Mani

Turntable: Technics SL-1210 M5G + Nagoaka MP-200

Cassette Deck: Nakamichi BX-300 (Returning... want a used one in good condition off of eBay.... bought one in the late 80’s, and had the original one for 26 Years)

Music Player: BlueSound NODE 2 (coming Christmas 2018 or early 2019)

And thinking about upgrading the Integrated Amplifier (in time, of course), to a Denon, Harman/Kardon, a Kenwood, or a Yamaha (all older or recent models with Dual-Mono construction.... newer ones are insanely expensive, and they’re not economically feasible for a secondary system).

After this system is assembled, I may never step foot into my living room ever again (LOL)

--Charles--