What would sound better: LUMIN D2 or Bluesound Node 2i using an external DAC

Hello,

So what do you all think would sound better? I would be using a PS Audio Gain Cell DAC with the Node 2i. 

Thanks and Kindest Regards,
grunge100
I don't have experience with the Lumin, but I do know the Gain Cell Dac and Bluesound Node 2i.  I've found that there are gains to be had as one moves up to higher levels of servers, but the Node is very good. You would be well served with the Node together with the Gain Cell; it is not clear that you would hear more with the Lumin.
grunge

the lumin d2 is excellent.... very balanced sound, very well built... sounds really outstanding through its balanced outs if you can take advantage of that

a node 2i feeding an outboard downstream dac should be able to match the overall SQ of the lumin, more different presentations and tonality than a clear better/worse, depending on choice of dac ... for example using a dac with tube output would likely add bigger/better imaging and richness and texture, but at a bit of loss of impact/drive and ultimate bass extension

with the gaincell as the dac downstream of the node i would give the lumin a slight edge i think, but i am not really sure

of course with the node + dac you have two boxes, two power cords, add’l cable whereas lumin is all self contained