What would be good speakers for a Pioneer SX-1080

I have not been out checking speakers in many years and don't have many places to hear any in central MN. I started reading reviews, but a lot of speakers listed have none or very few to read. I found this site and hope to get some better ideas. I found the best way to describe what I want out of a speaker is to say I have heard Altec Lansing 508's and think they sound very good all around, good highs, mid, and very good bass. They handle a lot of power without distorting and are very clear. I like something that can deliver a lot of bass without sounding muddy or slow. Since they don't make these anymore, I have to find something else and am hoping since they quit making them that speakers have improved without getting more expensive. So far what I have found, based on reviews alone are, Wharfedale Emerald 97's, Axiom M3ti, Monitor Audio B2, Ascend CBM-170, Aperion 502D and Dynaudio countours. If anyone has auditioned these I would be greatful for your opinions on how they compare. Maybe it would save me a lot of running around trying to find some to listen to. I also am familiar with Paradigm Titans and Mini Monitors if you can compare to those. Thanks.
tgi

Showing 1 response by msullivan1a16

Well you can get the 508, and 510 with 2 X 10 inch carbon fiber woofer since March 1. Altec has reissued them see the Legacy section of thier website. The 508 and 510, I have a pair of both are clean, clear great speakers. The "dead" sound of the carbon fiber gives wonderful bass without distortion.