What would be good preamp to run McCormick dna1

I'm building a setup with a McCormick dna-1 running magnepan mg3a speakers wondering what I should have for preamp remember boy I'm working man
edtooloudabbott
If you have a stock DNA-1 I would suggest either a tube or misfit preamp.  The stock DNA-1 tilts a bit to the bright side in the upper midrange and treble.  The tubes or mosfets could smooth things out a bit.
Back when I was on the equipment merry-go-round and was switching stuff in and out regularly, I found that I quite enjoyed the sound of a Wyred 4 Sound StP-SE preamp when paired with McCormack amplification. In fact, I sometimes think about returning to that setup.
-- Howard

Agree with a Tube Preamp, but not a lean sounding one that sounds like SS. With the DNA 1 w/MG3a’s you need a preamp to wake things up. Plenty nice affordable preamps out there and I bring it up every time because for the money I still think it’s The King; Modwright SWL 9.0 SE has PRAT. The little Modwright has a basic remote too. If you don’t care about a remote and on a budget, older Conrad and Johnson preamps are very nice.