What will become of my beloved CDs?

I have nearly 2000 CDs (DVDA, SACD, etc) and am very fond of them, or at least the music that is on them. However, it seems that music distribution is going to someday soon be totally on-line through downloads (True? When?). So, when most all of the music on my CDs is available in higher-quality on-line downloads (with artwork, I'm sure), what will become of my CDs? Will they be the shiny-silver equivalent to 8-Track tapes? Or, will they become a novelty and collectable? Should I seel them ASAP?? Any economists here???
bday0000
wolf_garcia,

Yes, digital photos can be printed on archival paper; however, the processes to produce film and digital are different. By choice of film, developers, timing, and printing techniques, a film photo can be different from the same image produced via a computer and Lightroom, then scanned.  There's a clear sense of personal satisfaction in the end results with film developing and printing.

I have Kodachromes dating back to 1939, and film negatives dating to 1941 - - and my Grandson has my old developing and printing stuff.

But, back to CDs: My somewhat extensive collection is 100% RedBook classical, and they spin quite nicely on a Bryston BCD-3. My grandchildren will inherit my CD collection and my 2 channel B ruston and Thiel system; meanwhile, I can contemplate the differences among  several Verdi Requiem CD issue - - Reiner, Giulini and Barenboim.   

I will keep all my CD's......  I wish I had kept all my 1200+ records I sold in 1986.  CD's were becoming the 'big' thing.  I got pennies on the dollar for them as folks had moved up to the new technology.  My collection was pretty much all mint, many of them were 'promos'.  They would be worth a butt load now!  Hang on to those CD's...
I get that "analog" film is interesting, and I've had great photographers as friends forever, and a cousin who's sort of famous as a photographer and teacher. I do admire the art form of printing stuff in chemicals, and as Ansel Adams said (something like) "It's all in the printing."
Post removed