WHAT WAS THE BEST SYSTEM YOU EVER HEARD AND WHY WAS IT?

Raidho 5.1 Solutions 7 series mono amps and pre amp and CD player and all ansuz cabling. It was the best because it had everything. Huge sound soundstage. Musical with airy treble and open midrange. Nice full bass and transparency. All placed in an acoustically treated and measured room. System belonged to the late Dave Baskin of Design Audio Video in Whitehouse Texas. It was Audio Nirvana!
calvinj
Post removed 
I usually annually attend TAVES in Toronto cuz its here in my hometown

MY BEST OF BREED: The NORDOST room at TAVES 2015..... Voted BEST IN SHOW ... 

it was Uber- $$$ but it was a memorable audition that still resonates with me.

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/TAVES_2015/Becker/Part5/

“..... Making three spectacular rooms in a row was the smaller Victoria Square room hosted by Nordost. Is there an antidote for the misconception that these fine cables are made by Vikings in Scandinavia? Their roots are in NASA and space ships, not ancient sailing vessels! And they sure know how to cherry pick the industry to put together one of the very Best Rooms at the show. 

The digital front end was a multi-chassis MSB affair propped up on Nordost Sort Kones, possibly surpassing the fine suspension already designed into MSB's top of the line DAC with separate chassis for digital and analog sections. With several flavors of Sort Kones to choose from, they obviously picked the one they liked best, and it seemed pretty good to me, too.

Amplification was by Dan D'Agostino with his jewel-like preamp and monoblocks, which were also on Sort Kones. 

The speakers were the highly acclaimed Wilson Audio Sasha, which need no introduction.

Everything was tied together with Nordost's Odin 2 Supreme Reference cables, seen here, perfectly aligned in rat's nest configuration. 

What better way to baffle the EMI and RFI? Well, perhaps the Nordost Qb8 primary earth AC power strip with a handful of Qk1 AC Enhancer modules plugged into it helped a little. Up in the rack, on the bottom shelf was a pair of QX power purifiers. I'll guess that one was used for the low level signal units and the other for the power amps ......

It would be tough to argue with the results they achieved in this room ...”

A friend of mine has a dedicated room with 6 Quad 57 panels in a custom 3 stack frame. 6 heavily mod'd quad mono amps  driven by an Nagra Pl preamp. he's got 4 tables ranging from Garrard 301 to 3 diff thorns. all the tables have two arms of various types and all have custom plinths. the room is lined all 4 walls with over 15000 records. amazing sounding system it shocked me first time hearing it. just fills the room with glorious sound. you want to talk about sound stage, nothing I've ever heard even comes close really it puts you center stage 6 rows back with the sound enveloping you. Yeah as good as 2 quad 57's are try 6 lol (no need for a sub trust me)
Post removed