What type of Audio Gal or Guy are you? Do You Know?

Leaving this open ended for members to share their own definitions, categories and thoughts and stories.

So:  What type of Audiophile / Music Lover / Audio Gal or Guy are you?

- Can you specifically define it or do you find yourself falling within a range or multiple categories?

- What are these categories or groups?

- Was there a Eureka moment? If you have figured it out, when and how did it happen?

- Do you have any stories about things getting out of hand? Interventions? How did you rein yourself in?

- If you are not an Audiophile, how do you prefer to describe your interest in and pursuit of music and audio?

- Has "Know Thyself" helped you in your audio journey? How? 

Thanks.

***Let's Have Some Fun With This!***
david_ten
I'm a music lover first. A great sounding system can add to my enjoyment of the music, but it is not a necessity for my musical enjoyment.

I will always choose a great song/music over a great system. Having both is magical......
I'm a cranky old man who's hearing ain't what it used to be.  And my system never makes me breakout in tears or jump up and start to dance, but great music on a table radio can.  At least on a vintage radio with cryo'ed tubes and an upgraded power cord.
Music first for me. I try to get out to hear something live once per week so I keep my ears tuned. The gear comes second as that just passes the time and is an effort in itself sometimes not really having anything to do with music. I don't have an unlimited budget but have enjoyed the better gear for most of my listening and have been able to acquire some nice pieces to own in addition to usually having 2 systems going at once. However with that said some of the best times are in my bath listening to my Tivoli radio and hearing a favorite tune come on. 

I have visited other audiophiles (some pretty wealthy) and it's clear they don't have the ear or even know what a particular instrument is supposed to sound like. They just connect things up because they are the "best".  But that's fine. For them it's about the style of the enterprise not the substance. The way I look at it there's room for all and makes it interesting. 
Satisfied audiophile. My system has been stables for a few years and I have zero desire the update or upgrade my gear. I happen to think my system is quite good. At this point it's all about the music because I'm not putting any $ into gear. 
Music is my Time Machine ..... Very happy with my rig and assortment of cartridges.