What turntable and TONEARM brands sound best with the Denon DL103 and DL 103R? MC's

Need some recommendation for turntables with TONEARMS that provide the best sound quality with either the Denon DL103R ( retail $379) or Denon DL103 ( retail $229) MC's cartridges.

Is there a major difference in sound quality between the two LOMC's??

Thank you, SJ

sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by rotarius

Just get a turntable with a Jelco 750 9", 10" or 12" whatever you desire. This is absolutely the best value in audio these days.  Perfect match for low compliance MC carts.   If the Polytable is out of your budget, get a vintage DD for it.  I have one mounted to a Technics 1210mk2 and it is superb.  I have also mounted one on a Kenwood KD500.  These combos should make you forget about the U-turn.
@sunnyjim 
The 750 is supposed to be better but I can't say how much better.  The 750 has a reservoir for damping fluid, the 250 does not.  The 250 is more suitable for high compliance carts than the 750.
There are TT manufacturers that will sell you a turntable with a Jelco.  Avid, GEM Polytable and Edwards Audio come to mind.  Avoid Edwards, I had a bad experience and they are overpriced for what they are.